In this article, there will be three popular solutions mentioned. All of them have won much appreciation regarding the private cloud architecture from users for a long time.
The Hyper-V Cloud from Microsoft enables to provide the IaaS based on the Hyper-V virtualization, System Center management, and Dynamic Data Center Toolkit.
Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization platform
The Hyper-V virtualization is the core component of the Microsoft private cloud architecture. It helps customers improve the hardware investment efficiency and centralize multiple servers into the virtual ones. Moreover, the solution empowers customers to run multiple operating systems, such as Windows and Linux on only one single server.
- Optimizing the use of server hardware resources with the Dynamic Memory feature.
- Enhancing the stability of the virtual data center through the Live Migration.
- Showing the capabilities of the virtual data center management through integration with Powershell and System Center.
- Innovating the performance and hardware utilization of the Hyper-V virtual machines to 64 logical processors.
- Upgrading the virtual network performance.
- Simplifying the deployment of virtual and content servers through virtual hard disks.
The launch of the private cloud solution from the brand IBM is like a design for overcoming shortcomings of virtualization and increasing the user convenience. The combination of modern virtualizing technologies and the IBM Tivoli service automation manager truly creates a complete cloud innovation. And the differences of the IBM are presented as followings.
- Catalog of services: Delivering services to users and allowing them to select through the web interface. Normal virtualization does not have such feature.
- Automatic service request: IBM cloud allows clients to request services automatically through the self-service interface.
- Deploying IT services quickly: Through catalogs, thanks to standard templates, the solution can customize on demand. Virtualization can also create the virtual machine templates, but its parameterization is not flexible and requires some manual manipulation.
It is a complete and comprehensive solution with a combination of key components including the vSphere virtualization platform, vCloud Director software, resource usage monitoring software, Chargeback vCenter Chargeback, and vShield Edge security component.
In VMware’s cloud solution model, virtualization acts as the foundation. VMware Sphere helps customers virtualize their physical resources and at the same time supports them focus these virtual resources flexibly.
Advantages of VMware solution
VMware solution for the private cloud architecture is built on the vSphere virtualization platform. This is the most widely used one in the world today. This support will enable many customers to enjoy the vSphere easily and migrate to the cloud with both available software and hardware.
Furthermore, the separation of individual software packages from one overall solution will allow customers to choose to deploy in phases. The first phase can only be accomplished by the vSphere for resource virtualization and centralized administration. The next one implements the vCloud Director to provide automatic allocation, resource recovery, catalog as well as the self-service features. The last phase will present the security features, usage monitor, and charges.